Longest. Name. Ever. Makes 12 babes, one pan full. super quick start to finish and no mixer needed.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (I use quick cooking ones)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or all AP if you roll like that)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup peeled, cored + chopped apple (I use honeycrisp, size is up to you - can sub the apple for chopped pecans or almonds)
- Extra sugar for sprinkling the tops
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your tin with muffin cups.
2. in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, ginger, buttermilk, olive oil, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. being careful not to overwork it, fold in the oats and flour until just combined.
4. fold in cranberries and apples (or nuts or whatever you feeeel). don't over mix!
5. divide evenly into your muffin pan, sprinkle tops with sugar.
6. bake 20 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. let them cool in the pan.
note: cut your muffin in half, and fry it in a skillet with butter until it's a little crispy and warm. you're welcome.