this smoothie is on weekly repeat in my kitchen. The Spirulina turns it a deep turquoise color + adds a boat load of vitamins, minerals, protein and other crazy stuff.
- 2 frozen bananas (room temp b's are kosher too, just throw in an extra ice cube or two)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I prefer almond)
- 1 tsp Spirulina
- 2 big handfuls of spinach +/or kale +/or your fave greens
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 3-5 small ice cubes
- Small handful of unsweetened coconut flakes
Extras (if you fancy)
- Chia seeds
- honey +/ dates for extra sweetness
- Hemp seeds
- Maca powder
- Frozen blueberries
1. Blend all ingredients except coconut flakes in a high speed blender until smooth. Once poured into glass, sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
To expedite, learn how to eyeball the measurements. No need to get additional dishes dirty, and smoothies allow for a little less here and little more there. If ya don't know, now ya know.
Inspired by WuHaus