A guideline for easy dinners: two servings, 10 minutes to make, 6 ingredients or less, one pan.
- 1 can of Great Northern or Garbanzo beans
- 2-3 chicken sausage (I prefer sweet Italian or any with a fun flavor)
- 1 big handful of spinach or kale (or any leftover veggies you've got)
- A little olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Sprinkle of parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- Hot sauce
1. Drain and rinse a can of beans and set aside
2. Put a large non-stick skillet over medium heat with a dash of olive oil. Remove 2-3 sausages from their casings and crumble them into the skillet. If you have any leftover veggies from night's before (mushrooms, tomatoes, squash, zucchini…) add in now and cook with the sausage.
3. After a few minutes, when sausage is almost cooked, add in the drained beans and mix it up gently.
4. Once everything is warm, add a big handful of spinach or shredded kale or whatever greens you like. Cook until they're slightly wilted.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon, some parmesan, a pinch of red pepper flakes etc.
For a little extra pizzaz & protein - top with a poached or fried egg.