this isn't an exact recipe, it's A guideline for easy dinners: two servings, roughly 10 minutes to make, 6 ingredients or less, one pan.
- 1 can of beans (I love Great Northern or Garbanzo)
- 2-3 chicken sausages (sweet Italian or a fun flavor are best)
- 1 big handful of spinach or kale (and any leftover veggies and greens you've got)
- A little olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Sprinkle of parmesan
- Red pepper flakes
- Hot sauce
1. Drain and rinse a can of beans and set aside
2. place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with a dash of olive oil. Remove sausages from their casings and crumble them into the skillet. add any leftover veggies from nights before (mushrooms, tomatoes, squash, zucchini…) and cook them with the sausage.
3. After a few minutes, when sausage is almost cooked, add in the drained beans and mix it up gently.
4. Once everything is warm, add a big handful of spinach or shredded kale or whatever greens you like. Cook until they're slightly wilted.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon, some parmesan, a pinch of red pepper flakes etc.
For a little extra pizzaz & protein - top with a poached or fried egg.